Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mousse: Brazilian Passion Fruit Mousse (Maracuja) | Submitted By: valeriekooka

8 passion fruits1 tablespoon white sugar1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk2 cups creamBreak passion fruits in half, and empty contents into a bowl. Use a little water to help rinse the juice out of the skins. Mix with hands to soften pulp. Strain through a sieve or cheesecloth. Stir in sugar and sweetened condensed milk. In a chilled bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the cream into the passion fruit mixture, then quickly fold in remaining cream until no streaks remain. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Amount Per Serving  Calories: 515 | Total Fat: 35.2g | Cholesterol: 131mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database

Brazilian Passion Fruit Mousse (Maracuja)

Servings Per Recipe: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 515

Total Fat: 35.2gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 120mgTotal Carbs: 45.4g    Dietary Fiber: 2.5gProtein: 7.3g VIEW DETAILED NUTRITION
About: Nutrition Info

 view all reviews »

The reviewer gave this recipe 4 stars. This recipe averages a 4.5 star rating. I've made this twice now, and had rave reviews both times. The first time I used one can of passionfruit pulp in syrup, because we can't get frozen juice here, and passionfruits are too expensive. I also cut out the sugar. Mine set overnight, you also have to be very careful when folding in the passionfruit mixture not to knock the air out of your cream. The second time I made it, I used two cans of passionfruit, and kept the sugar, and instead of setting in the fridge overnight, used my ice cream machine to make the most awesome icecream anyone in my house has tasted. Next time I make it I will go back to one can, but this is a keeper for my family. Nice mousse, brilliant ice cream! Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
11 users found this review helpful I've made this twice now, and had rave reviews both times. The first time I used one can of... The reviewer gave this recipe 5 stars. This recipe averages a 4.5 star rating. I have been on the hunt for passion fruit after seeing this recipe, because I want to impress my friend from Brazil who is coming for dinner tonight. (I've dipped a pinky into the refrigerated finished product a couple of times, and already, after chilling for only an hour, it's an out-of-this-world dessert!) Did not change a thing, except that I added half a pkg of gelatin, as one reviewer suggested. The mousse is of perfect consistency, but I also whipped the cream for a long time, as someone else mentioned. I feel that the 1 TBS of sugar is perfect too, because I used only fresh fruit (not frozen concentrate). Later, I will transfer the mousse to individual dessert cups and garnish with fresh mint from the garden. Now for the best part -- I spent half of today combing my city for passion fruit pulp, passion fruit frozen juice, passion fruit anything, to no avail. I finally found the fruit itself at a high-end grocery store and purchased 8 of them for $12. Pricey, and will need to locate more economical sources. The 8 fruits equalled almost 1/2 cup of juice. I had some fresh mangos on hand, so squeezed part of one mango to make a tad over 1/2 cup of juice. I will try other juices in the future as well, to experiment. BTW, the main dish will be Picadinho'A Brasiliera, a rather rich Brazilian meat dish, so this light and fluffy mousse will be perfect! Thank you VALERIEKOOKA! Update: I now use the Goya brand of frozen Passion Fruit Pulp. Search in local Hispanic markets. Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
8 users found this review helpful I have been on the hunt for passion fruit after seeing this recipe, because I want to impress... profile image

View the original article here

0 comments:

  © Cook my Food 2011

TOP